Connecting directly to your faucet, AMWater Actify uses a two-step process. The first task is to filter out harmful components of the water: chlorine, trihalomethanes, phenols, sediment, odor, taste, organic waste, and bacteria of all kinds. The AMWater Actify achieves this by the use of a multistage activated carbon filter containing tourmaline and coral calcium.
Next, a small electrical charge is introduced into the water through platinum-coated titanium electrodes. The process of electrolysis that follows takes place in a patented chamber designed to separate the water into two streams of ionized water:
Positively charged ions gather at the negative electrode to create reduced water, which concentrates available alkaline minerals, such as calcium, magnesium and potassium from the source water. This alkaline ionized water is drawn for drinking and cooking, through the main stainless steel spout.
Negatively charged ions gather at the positive electrode to make oxidized water, which concentrates acid minerals such as nitrates, sulfides, chlorides, and fluorides from the source water. This acid ionized water has a myriad of external uses. It is discharged into the sink. A range of pH settings from neutral to very alkaline or very acid are available at the touch of a button. The electrodes are cleaned in an automatic cleaning cycle.
AMWater Actify provides, at the push of a button, water that varies from mildly alkaline to highly alkaline. This enables you to accustom yourself gradually to higher levels of alkaline drinking water (e.g. pH9.5 to 10). You should start slowly with one glass of ionized water at the lowest alkaline setting (pH 8.5) and work your way up over
several weeks to higher levels and amounts. If you experience any discomfort from detoxification, just move back to the previous level or smaller quantities. It also allows different members of the family to dial up their preferred level. The highest levels of alkalinity (pH 10) are for cooking.
In addition there is a button for water that is purified only by being filtered but not ionized. Its pH level will be close to the level of your regular tap water. This water is for those taking medications, which should not be combined with alkaline water.
Remember: the pH level of ionized water will vary with the pH of your source, i.e. your tap water. In addition, if you wish to make the water more alkaline or more acid, simply slow down the flow of water, and the pH level will change by approximately a value of 1.
An LED indicator on the front panel gives an approximate indication of remaining filter life. The Filter Life Indicator number reaches “9999” and “FILTER LIFE” flashes. Generally the 0.1-micron Biostone filter lasts 5-7 months. But this depends on the source of water and the amount of use. For example, if your tap water contains between 0.4 and 1.0ppm (parts per million) of chlorine, a filter can last 8- 12 months for one person’s use. If greater than 1.0ppm, the filter may last 5-7 months.
If you smell or taste chlorine in your water after it passes through the ionizer, change your filter. If you find that the flow rate through your filter has decreased, it’s probably full of particles and now needs replacing. By changing your filter at regular intervals, you are assured of the inner hygiene of the filter.
Though Actify’s filtration system is not unique, it encompasses features, which make it one of the best filtration units found in water ionizer systems. The AMWater Actify uses a nine-stage dual filter system (biostone filter unit) to purify water that passes through.
In addition, it also holds a chamber containing tourmaline, a precious mineral that is also a natural source of negative ions and energy belonging to the far-infrared region. It has been suggested that tourmaline induces small cluster sizes in water (making water wetter).
It has been suggested that the mineral also possesses anti-bacterial properties and this reinforces the anti-septic capacity of the AMWater Actify to kill bacteria. The FIR emitted also helps to further purify the water passing through the biostone filter unit.
Yes, hard water can clog up the electrodes. Hard water is water that contains calcium or magnesium mineral ions often in the form of carbonate. These ions do not pose any health threat, but they can engage in reactions that leave insoluble mineral deposits. Hard water mineral deposits, or scaling, are the precipitation of minerals, which form lime scale that can clog the stainless steel tubing of the AMWater Actify and the electrodes.
Regular municipal tap water is best. Water from distillers or reverse osmosis is devoid of minerals; therefore it cannot be ionized. Water ionizers can be used with water from most private wells. Water ionizers can be used with most well water. The two most common problems found in well water are hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg, sulfur smell) and high iron content.In general, the mineral content of your source
water directly affects the strength of ionized water you can produce. The more minerals, the stronger the ionization: higher alkalinity and higher antioxidant potential.
Yes, alkaline ionized water is best kept in an airtight glass or stainless steel container. It can be refrigerated or kept in a cool place. Avoid storage in aluminum containers. The alkaline properties will be retained for 1-2 weeks but they are strongest when fresh (within the first 3 days). The antioxidant properties start to diminish after 18-24 hours. So for the best benefits, drink it within a day or so.
Absolutely. Even nursing infants. And since children have usually not accumulated toxins in their bodies, they experience no detoxification symptoms (a few adults might).
AMWater Actify breaks down large cluster-sized water, 11-13 molecules per cluster, into smaller clusters of 6-8 molecules per cluster. This mimics the cluster sizes of natural water. Natural water found in nature from natural sources such as water holes or from the mountains undergoes a series of physical maneuvers, filtration and mineralization and de-mineralization steps. This creates water which is electronically charged, properly clustered and rich in vital minerals; optimum for absorption, detoxification and for aiding biochemical reactions especially during metabolism.
Unlike Reverse Osmosis (RO) and distillation, which remove all minerals leaving the water dead, ionized water concentrates health-giving alkaline minerals like magnesium and calcium, after removing all harmful contaminants.
Water from RO and distillation is very acidic (pH 4.5-5. 7) and so contributes to the over-acidity of our bodies. Alkaline water helps counteract acid / alkaline imbalance. Because RO and distilled waters are mineral deficient and strongly acidic, there are warnings from a number of physicians not to drink them on a sustained basis.
While RO and distilled waters are strongly oxidizing, alkaline ionized water is a proven powerful antioxidant, equivalent to freshly squeezed orange juice. Having been completely demineralized, RO and distilled water are understandably – flat tasting. The tastiness of water from the AMWater Actify is one of its most immediate qualities: it brings delighted responses from everyone! Along with this are superior hydrating qualities.
You should start slowly. Set the controls to the lowest level and drink one to three
glasses per day. Assuming the water agrees with you, increase the amount you drink and the level of ionization intensity. High levels of alkalinity – up to 9.5-10.0 – are best for drinking water; the highest levels can be used for cooking.
In a few individuals, the detoxification effects from drinking alkaline ionized water can cause headaches and diarrhea for a short time. For some older people, ionized water can tend, at first, to open the bowels. This is why a slow start is advised.
Use the Purified Water setting for taking any medications that your doctor advises not to be taken with alkaline water. Do not drink the acid water.
Acid ionized water is destructive to bacteria and is astringent. As a result it has found widespread application commercially in nurseries, surgeries, food preparation areas, sprout and wheatgrass growers, florists, hospitals, etc.In the home it’s an excellent cleansing and sterilizing agent, with uses in the kitchen, for hair and skin care, extending the life of flowers, promoting plant growth and many others. If you use skincare, you may even use it in place of your toner.
Many of the health claims put forward by protagonists have been contentious. With regards to the claim that alkaline water helps to control diabetes in individuals, these are based on research studies carried out on mouse tissue models and clinical studies on human participants.
Diabetes is a disease that results in either the inability of the body to produce sufficient quantities of insulin (from the pancreatic beta-cells) or due to the result of the glucose metabolic pathway not functioning optimally.
Reduced water has been hypothesized, based on these results, to show an increased propensity to do the following,
- Inhibit ROS-mediated damage to pancreatic cells.
- Improve glucose sensitivity of muscle
- Improve energy management via glucose
- Stimulate of pancreatic cells to release insulin into the Blood
Based on the above parameters, these appear to improve the prognosis of diabetics and could serve as deterrence to the development of diabetes in individuals.
Yes there are. There is research data supporting that reduced alkaline water acts as an anti-oxidant and therefore could help to eliminate free radicals. Since water reaches the body’s cells all around in 30 minutes and even crosses the blood-brain barrier, the anti-oxidant effects of reduced alkaline water can benefit the entire body holistically. Many degenerative and inflammatory conditions in the body are caused by ROS activity. Cancer has been known for many years to be brought about by cells which have lost control of cell cycle regulation and therefore are unable to limit their proliferation rate. Research has shown that ROS activity in a cell correlates with cancer prognosis and also in initiating cancer lesions.
Furthermore, though it is not yet clear the exact mechanism via which this occurs, it has been observed that immuno-modulation occurs after drinking reduced alkaline water, resulting in changes in the levels of certain cytokines in the body. The body’s immune system is responsible for eliminating rogue cancer cells. When the body’s immune defense fails, that is when cancer cells start to proliferate. Since water reaches all parts of the body and even the brain, drinking reduced alkaline water has its benefits in eliminating any excess oxidative activity in the cells and fluid systems of the body.
There have been studies conducted where people with constipation have benefitted from drinking large amounts of alkaline water. The water helps to hydrate and cleanse the colon allowing smoother movements of waste down the intestine. People who suffer from IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome can also benefit from drinking alkaline water as it helps to eliminate harmful bacteria and improve bowel movements and detoxify, therefore improving symptoms.
Reduced alkaline water has been suspected to have the propensity to behave like a superoxide dismutase. It essentially helps to eliminate or at least reduce the levels of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). ROS levels have been suspected to play important roles in oxidative damage to DNA strands. The antioxidant properties of reduced alkaline water, which is high in dissolved active hydrogen, appear to be rudimentary to the antioxidant effects observed.
A predominant cause of our problems is due to the free-radical damage of cellular matter. Neuro-degenerative diseases, heart diseases, arthritis, diabetes and many others are due to excessive production of free radicals, which overwhelm the body’s natural anti-oxidant machinery. However damage to our DNA renders other problems within our organs and biological systems, themselves not damaged by these electron scavengers.
Alkaline water helps to protect DNA from free-radical damage and maintain DNA in its biologically viable state. When DNA functions properly, it is able to transfer the information that is encoded within it with increased efficiency.
Alkaline water has an Oxidative Reduction Potential (ORP) rating, which refers to its reductive or oxidative potential (its propensity to either donate or accept electrons).
A positive ORP value indicates the propensity of a chemical species to accept electrons.
A negative ORP value indicates the propensity of a chemical species to donate electrons.
Acidic Water: When the inlet water pressure is 2kg/cm2:
Level 1 – 6.00
Level 2 – 5.50
Level 3 – 5.00
Level 4 – 4.25
Highest Level of Acidic Water is – 4.25
Alkaline Water: When the inlet water pressure is 2kg/cm2:
Level 1 – 8.43
Level 2 – 8.93
Level 3 – 9.75
Level 4 – 10.07
The Highest PH is – 10.07
An LED indicator on the front panel gives an approximate indication of remaining filter life. The Filter Life Indicator number reaches “9999” and “FILTER LIFE” flashes. Generally, the 0.1‐micron Biostone filter lasts 5‐7 months. But this depends on the source of water and the amount of use. For example, if your tap water contains between 0.4 and 1.0ppm (parts per million) of chlorine, a filter can last 8‐12 months for one person’s use. If greater than 1.0ppm, the filter may last 5‐7 months.
If you smell or taste chlorine in your water after it passes through the ionizer, change your filter. If you find that the flow rate through your filter has decreased, it’s probably full of particles and now filter needs to be replaced.
- Enhanced with our very own proprietary technology: Amized Fusion Technology ™,
water molecules are structured and returned into original life giving, moisturizing state.
- With built in natural minerals in filtration, it has the ability to increase energetic effects
of the water, removing all harmful signatures of harmful substances in water. Thus
rejuvenates and detoxifies.
- Platinum and titanium are both corrosion resistant metals. They are both resistant to corrosion by hydrochloric acids, sulfuric acids and nitrous acids. They are also resistant to chloride solutions and caustic alkalis.
- However, titanium has a propensity to oxidize in the presence of air and water. Nevertheless, the titanium layer is coated with a layer of the much higher resistant
platinum. As long as the bio‐filtration unit is functioning properly to remove unwanted dissolved halogens, chlorides, phenols and other impurities, the integrity of the electrolytic unit should be maintained.
- Furthermore, the water system should not be left for long periods of time unused especially once operation of the unit has started.
- These plates serve to impart an electrical discharge to water. Though the precise design of this electrolytic cell is known only to the manufacturer, the principles behind
the design is the same as any simple electrolytic unit.
- A charge from an external power source is imparted to the water surrounding the electrolytic system and this promotes electrolysis of water delivering alkaline and acidic water in two separate compartments.
- Too high pH, not ideal for human consumption but suitable for washing.
- AMWater Actify provides, at the push of a button, water that varies from mildly alkaline to highly alkaline. This enables you to accustom yourself gradually to higher levels of alkaline drinking water (e.g. pH9.5 to 10). You should start slowly with one glass of ionized water at the lowest alkaline setting (pH 8.5) and work your way up over several weeks to higher levels and amounts. If you experience any discomfort from detoxification, just move back to the previous level or smaller quantities. It also allows different members of the family to dial up their preferred level. The highest levels of alkalinity (pH 10) are for cooking.
- In addition there is a button for water that is purified only filtered but not ionized. Its pH level will be close to the level of your regular tap water. This water is for those taking medications, which should not be combined with alkaline water.
- Remember: the pH level of ionized water will vary with the pH of your source, i.e. your tap water. In addition, if you wish to make the water more alkaline or more acid, simply slow down the flow of water, and the pH level will change by approximately a value of 1.
Amwater Actify can achieve readings as low as ‐750.0mV.
- However, we cannot set the ORP. (It also depends in part of the amount of minerals in the source of the water and how the AMWater Actify is adjusted).
- To put things into perspective, it would be valuable to make a comparison between tap water, mineral water and reduced alkaline water.
- All liquids have an Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP), which is the potential for one liquid substance to reduce the oxidation of another substance, as measured in millivolts (mV).
- The lower the ORP level, the more powerful the antioxidant. Alkaline ionized water is a high‐quality natural antioxidant. Already dissolved, it is easily absorbed. Because it’s in the drinking water supplied by our AMWater Actify, you are assured of a constant and convenient supply. The ORP of the AMWater Actify in its highest setting is – 482.0mV.
This means it has a very high potential for reducing oxidation.
- 9 stages
- It is a high performance filtration system that filters out normal tap water into purified, energized, alkaline and micro‐clustered water.
- The 0.1 Micron Biostone filter is a high‐performance, activated‐carbon filter. It serves as a multi‐phase filter, with hollow fibers in between the different layers of charcoal, coral calcium beads and tourmaline.
- The nine‐stage Biostone Plus also incorporates the amazing natural properties of ‘vortex hydraulics’ into its body of filter design, which ensures optimal performance, and longevity of your filter. Its superior cutting edge filtration medium is a uniquely treated class of ‘super’ catalytic carbon. In practical terms it means you’ll get better water by far, even with the “Purified Only” water selection.